Share Your Thoughts and Memories

"Although we know that after such a loss the acute state of mourning will subside, we also know we shall remain inconsolable and will never find a substitute.  No matter what may fill the gap, even if it be filled completely, it nevertheless remains something else.  And actually, this is how it should be.  It is the only way of perpetuating that love which we do not want to relinquish."  --Sigmund Freud in a letter to a man who lost his son.


If you would like to share your thoughts, memories, stories, or photos of Joann, Kristin, or Zachary, or wish to offer your condolences to Chris and the Rumsey and Piano families, please send an email to rjpiano at yahoo.com

We will post them to this site as soon as we can.

What a truly beautiful service today. I was flooded with memories of time spent with Joann at Rutgers . Chris, even then, she was a night owl. She was just getting ready to go out as I was getting ready for bed. Whenever I think of Joann, I recall her great love for her family, her religion and friends. Mostly I think of her smiling. She almost always had a big, genuine smile on her face. I know that she is now in heaven with Kristin and Zach, smiling, as she watches over her family.
Robert, thank you so much for making that very difficult phone call to me. I was so glad to be able to wish Joann goodbye today.
I give my heartfelt wishes to Chris, the Pianos and the Rumsey family that you find comfort and peace during this time.
Love,
Rebecca Usadi
Charlotte, NC

No comments: