Share Your Thoughts and Memories

"Although we know that after such a loss the acute state of mourning will subside, we also know we shall remain inconsolable and will never find a substitute.  No matter what may fill the gap, even if it be filled completely, it nevertheless remains something else.  And actually, this is how it should be.  It is the only way of perpetuating that love which we do not want to relinquish."  --Sigmund Freud in a letter to a man who lost his son.


If you would like to share your thoughts, memories, stories, or photos of Joann, Kristin, or Zachary, or wish to offer your condolences to Chris and the Rumsey and Piano families, please send an email to rjpiano at yahoo.com

We will post them to this site as soon as we can.

Chris' Eulogy for Joann

My darling wife. The night I met Joann was truly special. I knew right away when our eyes melted into one another’s that she was the one, although she made me wait 2 weeks for our first official date and pass Aunt Violet’s muster via a phone introduction.

It did not take me long to ask her to marry me, about 6 months to be exact. I was a smart enough man to know when not to let the perfect one get away. We began our lives in Newtown, PA, where we were engaged for just a little over a year. Our wedding was spectacular and filled with love.

We moved to Metuchen, NJ soon after that where we shared much joy. Long passionate walks, days and nights I enjoyed holding Joann’s hands, laying with her, holding her, telling her I love her and watching her eyes melt into mine. She made me feel like I was the most special person on this earth. We travelled and travelled and travelled. One year we went to Italy, New Zealand and Hawaii all in the same year. She was adventurous - a glacier hiker, a mountain climber, and a Class 4 white water rafter. She even stated she might bungee jump but settled for taking my picture. We lived and loved.

Our first child came in 2004 but we did not stop our travels. San Francisco, San Antonio, Florida, Canada, Maine, and Hawaii were some of the post-child destinations, of course all with our travelling bambino.

Erie, PA was a true test of our love. We had our second child but continued to spend time together, expanding our love through our children. Time alone was a bit shorter, but when we had it the time was grand. I enjoyed most of all holding her and staring into her eyes. She is my little love bunny, my life, and my angel.

I will miss her so, so much and selfishly most of all. She is my light, my world, and truly completed me.

She did everything the right way. I just hope when I come home, she is waiting for me with a big hug and a big kiss, not because I obviously need it, but because I will constantly be yearning to be close to her and feel her touch and her love once more.

I will honor her with the rest of my earthly life, not through mourning, but through hard work, trying to make the world a better place.

No comments: