Share Your Thoughts and Memories

"Although we know that after such a loss the acute state of mourning will subside, we also know we shall remain inconsolable and will never find a substitute.  No matter what may fill the gap, even if it be filled completely, it nevertheless remains something else.  And actually, this is how it should be.  It is the only way of perpetuating that love which we do not want to relinquish."  --Sigmund Freud in a letter to a man who lost his son.


If you would like to share your thoughts, memories, stories, or photos of Joann, Kristin, or Zachary, or wish to offer your condolences to Chris and the Rumsey and Piano families, please send an email to rjpiano at yahoo.com

We will post them to this site as soon as we can.

Chris' Eulogy for Kristin

Kristin our first-born came into our lives on April 3, 2004 after a long, hard labor, in the form of an emergency C-section. Mom was sedated but I was quick to get Kristin into her arms. The first time I held Kristin’s hands was true utopia. She was so beautiful, so innocent and so, so special. The feeling of warmth in my heart was indescribable. We were now a beautiful family of three.

Time went on as Kristin walked early around 10 months, but not completely sturdy until 12. She was extremely gifted in picking up words quickly. As far as eating was concerned, she was very picky.

Fortunately, I had a lot of time home with her as well. Our activities together included going to the park with Grandpa and her Elmo doll which spent endless hours on the park swing, father-daughter swimming, father-daughter gymnastics, trips to the library, bookstore, sledding, ice skating and others. She was adventurous and fearless, something I as a father was very scared of.

When she was in preschool full time, she enjoyed it very much. She made many friends and had an impact on everyone, much like her mother. She enjoyed painting, drawing, dress up, ex princess dress up, bike riding, watching movies with me and serving me tea from her kitchen. Actually, she enjoyed playing kitchen with Zachy, her prince.

She was kind, giving and unselfish. Kristin received a $2 allowance each week. One dollar went in the savings piggy bank and one dollar went in the spending piggy bank, which was always saved for a special toy. However, she had trouble accumulating money since she always wanted to share it with Zachary.

She idolized Joann, wanting to be like her in every way. She was already so much on her way. She did have daddy’s temper, however, and was extremely stubborn and much of a perfectionist.

While I was travelling the last couple of months, she made me many love cards, which I always displayed in my office, as a constant reminder driving me towards providing for a better life.

She is my little angel, my little girl, and my love. She will always be in my heart and I am proud to be her dad. I cannot wait until I come home and hear a long “Daaaaddy” and receive a love card and a kiss. I love her so, so, so, so much.

No comments: