Share Your Thoughts and Memories

"Although we know that after such a loss the acute state of mourning will subside, we also know we shall remain inconsolable and will never find a substitute.  No matter what may fill the gap, even if it be filled completely, it nevertheless remains something else.  And actually, this is how it should be.  It is the only way of perpetuating that love which we do not want to relinquish."  --Sigmund Freud in a letter to a man who lost his son.


If you would like to share your thoughts, memories, stories, or photos of Joann, Kristin, or Zachary, or wish to offer your condolences to Chris and the Rumsey and Piano families, please send an email to rjpiano at yahoo.com

We will post them to this site as soon as we can.

Dear Chris,

I do not know you, but I had heard so much about you and your children. Joann and I met just before Zach was born and I was getting ready to have my second. She was my national account manager when I worked for SAP Americas. The more we talked... the more we realized we had more in common, including our first children were very close in age, as well. When she returned from leave and throughout my tenure with SAP we talked frequently - and out conversations, no matter what business matter they were intended to include, they ALWAYS began with updates on the kids, family, and life in general.

She had a way of always brightening my day and making me feel as though I was not going absolutely crazy some days! She wholeheartedly shared my opinion in that being a mom was the best thing we had ever done in our lives. I am so sorry for your loss and cannot begin to imagine the heartache that you are going through. I pray that God gives you the strength and courage to cope with this terrible tragedy.

With love,
Alexandra Mendolia

No comments: