Share Your Thoughts and Memories

"Although we know that after such a loss the acute state of mourning will subside, we also know we shall remain inconsolable and will never find a substitute.  No matter what may fill the gap, even if it be filled completely, it nevertheless remains something else.  And actually, this is how it should be.  It is the only way of perpetuating that love which we do not want to relinquish."  --Sigmund Freud in a letter to a man who lost his son.


If you would like to share your thoughts, memories, stories, or photos of Joann, Kristin, or Zachary, or wish to offer your condolences to Chris and the Rumsey and Piano families, please send an email to rjpiano at yahoo.com

We will post them to this site as soon as we can.

Posts from local Erie site (Page 3)

Ilya
Mill Village, PA
#41Wednesday Nov 5
I feel bad for her relatives. This is too much.


Kathy Peek-Omaha Data Svc
Omaha, NE
#42Wednesday Nov 5
I had the pleasure of working with Joann for over 10 years and she and her beautiful children will be missed greatly. She was a great mother, loving wife and amazing friend. To Chris and her entire family, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Joann, Kristin and Zach are with the angels now in God's loving hands.


Michelle Piano
Glen Ridge, NJ
#43Wednesday Nov 5
I too cannot understand this tragedy, or how this can happen to my loving cousins. I have not seen Joann in a few years, and had not met her lovely children. It is a reminder to all of us that time and people are very precious.


Ken Dolan
San Diego, CA
#44Wednesday Nov 5
Chris and Family,
All of our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. This is a terrible tragedy to all of her family, friends, co-workers, and clients. We all will ask God to watch out for you and your family during this difficult time.


Michele Zuckerman--Amex
Hopewell, NJ
#45Wednesday Nov 5
What a tragedy! Joann was a wonderful, kind special person and will be deeply missed. My heartfelt sympathies to Chris and the family. What a terrible loss for everyone.


Hyatt Orange County
San Diego, CA
#46Wednesday Nov 5
Our thoughts are with Joann's family during this time of terrible loss. Our hearts and deepest sympathy go out to you all.


Mary Piano
West Paterson, NJ
#47Wednesday Nov 5
Joann was my firstborn, and very, very dear. My heart is broken. I will miss her and her wonderful children, my grandchildren, Kristin and Zach, always and terribly. It is hard to concentrate or to stop thinking about this unbearable tragedy. I love them all, and Chris, so much. My heart goes out to him with his awful loss, and I thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. We will need them all.


Aileen - Marriott Intl
Mount Laurel, NJ
#48Wednesday Nov 5
This is such a horrible thing that has happened to someone so special. I had the pleasure of meeting Joann many, many years ago when she was a Sales Manager at the Hyatt Regency Princeton. Our career paths followed one another and when we saw each other, she was always a ray of sunshine. You and your children will be in my thoughts and prayers for a long time to come. May your husband Chris, somehow find peace through your memories together.


Judy Lee-Kirchmann
Omaha, NE
#49Wednesday Nov 5
Like many, I was shocked and deeply saddened by this news. Joann was the best of the best, a true professional, and one of the most kind, good, people I have ever known. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.


Claudine Gallagher
Kansas City, MO
#50Wednesday Nov 5
Joann was one of the most sincere, loving, positive people I've ever met. She was extremely kind and helpful to me when I worked with her at Hyatt over 10 years ago. She helped many of us as we joined Hyatt, and we tried to reach out to others as she head reached out to us when we were new. Joann and her children are now angels in heaven with God, and I'm sure they will watch out for their family each and every day. May Chris and the rest of the family find strength in memories and peace in prayer. You all are in our thoughts and prayers.


Brandon - Hyatt SFO
Santa Rosa, CA
#51Wednesday Nov 5
My deepest sympathy goes out to the Rumsey family. May Joann, Kristen, and Zachary rest in peace. You will be missed greatly.


anonymous
Twinsburg, OH
#52Wednesday Nov 5
God Bless the Rumsey family, Zachary and Kristin will be missed by all at the daycare. Joann was such a loving mother.


Stefanie Hyatt LB
Columbus, OH
#53Wednesday Nov 5
I am still in shock and so very sad. I want there to be something I can do to make this not true. I see her smile and hear her laugh. My heart is broken for Chris, and Joann's family and Hyatt family.


Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe
Incline Village, NV
#54Wednesday Nov 5
The entire staff of the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe expresses our deepest sympathy to the Rumsey family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. May the fond memories of Joann and the children give you peace and strength during this very difficult time.


Kent Moreno-stepbrother
Shanks, WV
#55Thursday Nov 6
Joann was truly a lovely person, very kindhearted. Family, immediate and extended, meant the world to her. Together Joann and Chris created a loving environment for their children and it showed in the children they produced. We are devastated by their loss. Dinner around the Thanksgiving table will never be the same.


Paula - Cincinnati
#56Thursday Nov 6
My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Joann, Kristin and Zachary. What a wonderful woman I was so blessed to get to know. God be with all of you during this time of sadness and healing.


Diane - Hyatt New Brunswick
United States
#57Thursday Nov 6
Our hearts are broken for your terrible loss. Joann was a sweet, gentle person who always had a smile and a kind word to say to everyone she met. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of you.


Anne Farb-Hyatt Greenwich
United States
#58Thursday Nov 6
Dear Chris and Family, We are all deeply saddened by this tragic accident. Please find comfort in knowing Joann loved all of you very much and was very proud of her family.She was an amazing business woman, mother and friend. May we all find comfort in knowing that God has three more angels to help him make this crazy world a better place. Our prayers are with all of you during this tragic time in our lives. God Bless and keep all of you in his comfort.


Beverly - Hyatt NC
Wichita, KS
#59Thursday Nov 6
My thoughts and prayers are with the family of Joann. She was a wonderful lady - I actually just spoke with her last week! May God wrap His arms around her husband and family and all of us who knew and loved Joann and her precious children. She will trully be missed!


Mary Shaw
Erie, PA
#60Thursday Nov 6
I will miss seeing Zachary everyday in my daycare room, I cannnot stop thinking about him and Kristen. My daughter Lyric was in Kristen's preschool room and they were very close. I adored Zachary and Lyric adored Kristen. We both will miss them so much. They were two of the most precious children I've ever known. Joann was such a good mom and I just know wherever they are I am glad to know they are together. I will never forget any of them. Chris, my heart goes out to you and your family and Joann's.


Jamie - BCD Travel
#62Monday Nov 10
We have all lost such a wonderful person who touched all our lives - even if it was just a visit to the office! I feel that I can call Joann my friend. She was a genuine and wonderful person and proud mother and wife. During these difficult times, may the happy memories bring peace to all!


Alex Troncone
Fords, NJ
#63Monday
Chris,thoughts and prayers to you and family.Zubin and nurses.WE all feel your loss. There is no words that can ease you pain. Remember we are here for you if you need anything, please reach out you are not alone.


Hyatt Regency Long Island
Ronkonkoma, NY
#64Yesterday
Our thoughts and prayers and with Chris and Joann's family. Joann was a wonderful colleague, passionate business woman, and kind soul. She is missed.

The staff of the Hyatt Regency Long Island.

No comments: