Share Your Thoughts and Memories

"Although we know that after such a loss the acute state of mourning will subside, we also know we shall remain inconsolable and will never find a substitute.  No matter what may fill the gap, even if it be filled completely, it nevertheless remains something else.  And actually, this is how it should be.  It is the only way of perpetuating that love which we do not want to relinquish."  --Sigmund Freud in a letter to a man who lost his son.


If you would like to share your thoughts, memories, stories, or photos of Joann, Kristin, or Zachary, or wish to offer your condolences to Chris and the Rumsey and Piano families, please send an email to rjpiano at yahoo.com

We will post them to this site as soon as we can.

Dear Chris,
My heart goes out to you and all of Joann's family at this time of unimaginable loss. I'm so sorry and shocked to hear of this tragic and senseless loss. I too, worked with Joann while she was at the Hyatt in Princeton and although we did not keep in touch after I left, it fills me with sadness that such a beautiful and caring person along with your two beautiful children were taken far too soon! She was without a doubt one of the most kind, patient and down-to-earth people I have met. Words just do not seem enough...My prayers are with all of you.

Kimberly Martello (Staten Island, NY)

No comments: