Share Your Thoughts and Memories

"Although we know that after such a loss the acute state of mourning will subside, we also know we shall remain inconsolable and will never find a substitute.  No matter what may fill the gap, even if it be filled completely, it nevertheless remains something else.  And actually, this is how it should be.  It is the only way of perpetuating that love which we do not want to relinquish."  --Sigmund Freud in a letter to a man who lost his son.


If you would like to share your thoughts, memories, stories, or photos of Joann, Kristin, or Zachary, or wish to offer your condolences to Chris and the Rumsey and Piano families, please send an email to rjpiano at yahoo.com

We will post them to this site as soon as we can.

Dear Chris and Piano/Rumsey families,
My thoughts and Prayers are with you and your Family. Like all of us at Hyatt, I was devastated when I heard the news. I met Joann six years ago when I joined the Hyatt Family. Joann was one of the first to "take me under her wings". We were colleagues and friends. I will never forget the first time I met her. It was in Chicago and we were all in a meeting. Joann was asked to stand up and introduce herself. Joann stood up and said, "Hi my name is Joann Rumsey and I am standing". I will never forget that or any of the times we worked together. Joann was always there for me, helping and answering questions. I know Joann and the kids are still with us in spirit and I will say a little prayer for them every day. May God give all of you peace and strength during this most difficult time.

Sincerely,
Ralph Davis (Pittsburgh, PA)

No comments: