Share Your Thoughts and Memories

"Although we know that after such a loss the acute state of mourning will subside, we also know we shall remain inconsolable and will never find a substitute.  No matter what may fill the gap, even if it be filled completely, it nevertheless remains something else.  And actually, this is how it should be.  It is the only way of perpetuating that love which we do not want to relinquish."  --Sigmund Freud in a letter to a man who lost his son.


If you would like to share your thoughts, memories, stories, or photos of Joann, Kristin, or Zachary, or wish to offer your condolences to Chris and the Rumsey and Piano families, please send an email to rjpiano at yahoo.com

We will post them to this site as soon as we can.

I was one of Joann’s clients who quickly became a friend….you couldn’t help but become friends with Joann. Joann just radiated genuine happiness and brightened everyone around her. She was a rare person and we will all miss her so much. We compared notes often on parenting as our kids were about the same age. My favorite memory is from years ago when we were both new parents and talking about getting kids to sleep at night. Joann told me that Kristen still slept in their bed with them and I said, “Oh, Kristen won’t sleep in her crib?” Joann responded, “No, her mom likes her to sleep in the bed!” I laughed so hard! I think of that every time my kids do something that that doesn’t quite fit into what the parenting books tell us to do, and I remember to follow Joann’s example and just love my kids and all of their quirks. That’s how I will remember Joann…by following her example as a parent. I pray for Joann, Zachary and Kristen…and for strength for Chris.

Brian Nichols

No comments: