Share Your Thoughts and Memories

"Although we know that after such a loss the acute state of mourning will subside, we also know we shall remain inconsolable and will never find a substitute.  No matter what may fill the gap, even if it be filled completely, it nevertheless remains something else.  And actually, this is how it should be.  It is the only way of perpetuating that love which we do not want to relinquish."  --Sigmund Freud in a letter to a man who lost his son.


If you would like to share your thoughts, memories, stories, or photos of Joann, Kristin, or Zachary, or wish to offer your condolences to Chris and the Rumsey and Piano families, please send an email to rjpiano at yahoo.com

We will post them to this site as soon as we can.

Dear Family of Joann, Kristin and Zachary,

You do not know me, but I want to reach out and let you know how sorry I am for the losses you have had. There are really no words of comfort I can offer other than I pray that God can help you sustain the coming days and know that one day you will be reunited and be provided with some kind of explanation for how this kind of tragedy can happen to one family. By explanation, I mean some kind of peace that can be made about what happened that is resolved when you join them.

This somehow helped me when my husband died of an accidental drowning at age 32. May I extend my feelings of empathy for you and your family in a promise that I will pray for you as I know many others will be also. This is a tragedy beyond which many ever experience and I believe that the power of prayer and acknowledgement of your tremendous loss by people you do not know can somehow be a help.

Most Sincerely,
Karen
Caring Person (NJ)

No comments: